The question no longer arises for strategic or core business purchases. They have long been managed in a structured manner using well-established processes and integrated software or solutions. This is not the case for indirect purchases which, for 80% of companies, are poorly managed:
- No verification of the level of expenditure against the budget
- No hierarchical validation
- An order placed with a supplier that is not listed
- An invoice that will be received by the accounting department without knowing the origin
- An invoice paid without a payment order
However, the management of indirect purchases ought to be optimised because these one-off or irregular purchases, if well managed, can be a real source of savings.
By digitising the procurement process using a Business Process Management solution, you can manage the entire life cycle of the request: creation, validation, order/invoice consolidation, accounting integration, payment order and dispute management.