Capturing and &classifying document information
The first step in a document process involves capturing document information in all its forms: paper, files of all types, e-mails.
This capture must be accompanied by a classification or indexing process so that the information can be managed appropriately: lifetime, validation, searching and archiving processes.
MULTIGEST offers several tools for implementing and facilitating this capture:
- Scanning and indexing documents directly from the web interface
- Saving documents directly from the Office menu
- Automatically saving e-mails from a specific address, indexing the e-mail fields (from, to, date, subject)
- Importing files (one-off or scheduled), with or without index import
- Bar code reading
- Automatic Document Recognition and capture (ADR)
Complementary tools are available for the indexing itself:
- Cutting up files on screen: a simple way of separating a composite PDF file into several documents and classifying the sub-documents
- DMS connector (CMIS-compatible): enables the Document Management System to connect to any other IT tool (ERP, CRM, DBMS etc.) to retrieve data that will be used to complete the indexing.
Depending on your needs, one or more of these tools can be deployed to optimise the collection of your document information.
=> During the document’s active life, the Document Management System offers PROCESSES (or workflows)…
Going paperless involves transforming physical information media (generally paper documents) into computer files (bringing the dream of the “paperless office” to life).
A Document Management System solution such as MULTIGEST is designed to manage documents throughout their active lifetime or retention period.